what do you hear?
from this image alone, your mind makes up sounds, your ears being the victim.
the clouds and sun suggest it’s daytime and the trees make you think birds are chirping around somewhere near.
far away in the distance though are sirens, loud, pair that with a blaring monotone horn and it’s almost like nails dragging on a chalkboard — but for you it’s way worse than that. the lights trigger memories you can’t forget, the sounds make your body shake uncontrollably.
this is not what it looks like. there are children screaming now around the corner and the sirens come close too often.
it doesn’t help the police station is right across the street from you, but when silence does finally come, and the sirens subside, you begin to think.
so as the sun sets at the end of the day, it seems fair to say — if you listen hard enough, you are not who you think you are — silence defeats you.
- About The ArtistAPPROX READ: 10 MIN TRIGGER WARNING: suicide, self-harm, depression, addiction, identity You will notice IContinue reading “About The Artist”
- Living Life as an ExistentialistAPPROX READ: 5 MIN It is not what it looks like. I am sure youContinue reading “Living Life as an Existentialist”
- Water. A Poem: Part 1APPROX READ: 1 MINUTE The way the blue-ish brown water flows. Nobody knows… Where thisContinue reading “Water. A Poem: Part 1”
- COVID TEMP: A Short StoryAPPROX READ: 6 MINUTES NOTE: This story is non-fiction, although names have been changed forContinue reading “COVID TEMP: A Short Story”
- Water. A Poem: Part 2APPROX READ: 30 SECONDS The way this off-white water flows, nobody knows. Where will theContinue reading “Water. A Poem: Part 2”
- Water. A Poem: The Finale.APPROX READ: 2 minutes Finished artwork for this poem is on the portfolio and inContinue reading “Water. A Poem: The Finale.”
Supporting The Existentialist Cost $0
acceptance alanwatts anxiety art awareness becoming being believe choice communication culture decisions desire energy existence existentialism experience flow freewill god human inspiration kierkegaard lgbt life love meaning perserverance Personal Philosophical Theories philosophy poem Poems pyschology reality resilience shortstory social story theexistentialist thoughts trauma water wiggles writing
COPYRIGHT © 2021 THE EXISTENTIALIST