“The one who speaks to a shrink isn’t weak or vulnerable but rather strong-willed for walking into an experience in which they will learn from, after all, it starts with being wise enough to recognize the opportunity to experience at all.”~ Emriyus
Division Creates Diversion
As time goes on, we are still being divided into groups and then into categories and subcategories of those initial groups. Division and divide, division and divide.
This confused me when I first starting reading about the difference and similarities between division as an action, and being divided, as a feeling; an experience of an action. I’m not sure how to say this in a way you could understand… it’s almost like a complex division equation, where all you have to do is divide the ‘good and bad’ of life until you realize there is more to the equation than just divide. There’s actual division (actions) that must take place for the great divide to happen successfully. Think of those days your teacher always nagged the class, “Make sure you are showing your work or I’m taking points off!” Ring a bell now? The division is showing your work, putting the effort into the equation of life to create a reaction.
Here comes the division in it’s three main forms;
- The division of faith and politics.
- The entirety of western theories of life being an object, something constructed from a great God with many names is the exact opposite of many eastern theories of life being an organism, something we are all collectively contributing to and from.
- The division of the sexes, origin and identities.
- The theories mentioned above contribute to the beliefs that divide the human race by origin (ethnicity), sex (biological) and identities (self-expression in any form). Stereotypes and roles have been around a long time which keeps this line of division from understanding each other.
- The division between the weak(poor) and the wise(rich).
- This line has constantly shifted the weak and the wise, since the dawn of the stone age we have been compassionate, yet competitive creatures fighting for our own survival. One of the few animals on Earth that will act in ways that threaten to extinct our own species; we are selfish creatures. These human instincts we have naturally make us believe there is a ‘good’ and ‘bad’ to everything, even people.
That said, we both have complex human brains which, through evolution have always wanted more…
Diversion Creates Division
With all this division between us it makes it easy for diversions to affect us so easily. There are diversions everywhere, I’m sure you have created your own diversions to get out of divided situations… I know I have many of times. These diversions create the divisions I listed above. It may be a personal opinion, but it is no lie that technology has been the best diversion humanity could ever invent. From social media, news station, radio stations, the opportunity for diversion is unlimited (as long as the motherboard is running).
Here comes the diversion in it’s three main forms;
- The diversion through social media.
- This website itself could be considered a diversion, possibly creating a line between philosophers or making the mind behind the screen think about something. Social media is crowned queen in my book for creating one of the biggest marketing diversions since the industrial revolution. We have created something so powerful you are deemed weak if you aren’t “online.”
- The diversion through news and radio broadcastings.
- The theories mentioned back me up on this one… it seems hard to trust any news or radio channel when it is no secret now that money is the root behind almost all motives. It’s not all new though, the news has been the main diversion which causes division between each other. It is also something we as the divided took part in creating since when you get down to it, we are all dividing each other.
- The diversion between each other.
- We will be divided until it no longer serves a purpose to each and every one of us. Almost like the holiday season when all the family is expected to gather around for ‘the bigger purpose’ of just being together. If the human beings could be more concerned about ‘the bigger purpose’ of being, we may not be divided so much.
Supporting The Existentialist Cost $0
Monthly newsletters are sent the last day of every month.
acceptance alanwatts anxiety art awareness becoming being believe choice communication culture decisions desire energy existence existentialism experience flow god human lgbt life love meaning partnership perserverance Personal Philosophical Theories philosophy poem Poems pyschology reality relationships shortstory social spokenword story theexistentialist thinking thoughts trauma water wiggles writing
© THE EXISTENTIALIST 2021